Engaging with Air New Zealand
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is protected against loss, and unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure. We know you will only entrust us with the personal information we need if you believe that we'll do the right thing with it and treat it with care and respect. Good privacy practice is at the heart of Air New Zealand's culture.
You can contact us at any time to ask about our privacy practices, to let us know if you're concerned about anything or make a complaint about the way we've handled your personal information.
We have a dedicated privacy team to look after you and your personal information. You can contact us by:
We'll try our very best to understand and resolve your concerns. However, if you're not satisfied with the way we've handled your complaint, then you may also have the right to make a complaint to the privacy regulator - or data protection authority - in the country in which you reside. The primary privacy regulator for Air New Zealand is the New Zealand Office of the Privacy Commissioner (details below).
You can find the contact details for most other privacy and data protection agencies via the Global Privacy Assembly. If you are unable to find contact details for your relevant privacy regulator, then ask us through our online Privacy Centre and we'll help you to find them.
Senior Manager Data Protection
We're always trying to learn from you, understand what you want, and improve the way we do things. We know there are some things that our customers really care about, and when we get asked a question often, we include additional information here.
We add to these FAQs all the time.
Remember, if you can't find what you're looking for ask us.
1. What is privacy all about?
2. Can I get a copy of the information Air New Zealand holds about me?
3. Can I access and/or change a booking for someone else?
4. Can I access, change or delete a child's personal information in their Airpoints™ membership?
5. Does Air New Zealand share personal information with the police or any other government agency?
6. I have a protection order and I'm afraid they'll find out where I'm flying. What should I do?
7. Does Air New Zealand share personal information with other airlines?
8. How do I opt out of direct marketing?
9. Does the Air New Zealand app have access to my contacts or my location?
10. Do you monitor and record my use of inflight Wi-Fi?
11. Can I object to profiling?
12. Will you use my health information for direct marketing to me?
13. Where can I view Air New Zealand's Privacy Statement?
14. Is my personal information safe with Air New Zealand?
15. Are my credit card details secure?
16. Does Air New Zealand track or monitor what I do on its websites?
17. What can I do to protect my personal information?
18. If I believe there has been a breach of privacy, where can I raise this?
19. Does Air New Zealand use my personal information for marketing?
20. How do I stop receiving Air New Zealand direct marketing to me?
21. Does Air New Zealand allow any other organisations to access my personal information?
22. Does Air New Zealand gather personal information about me from other sources?
23. What does Air New Zealand do with my personal information?
24. Do you record my conversations with Oscar?
25. How long do you record my conversations with Oscar?
26. Can I get a copy of the information AirNZ holds about me?
27. Do you share my conversations with Oscar with anyone?
28. What personal information does Oscar collect about me?
29. What does Air New Zealand do with my conversations with Oscar?
30. What is POLi Payments, and is it a safe way for me to pay for online bookings?
New Zealand Privacy Commissioner
New Zealand Privacy Commissioner Contact Information
Office of the Privacy Commissioner
PO Box 10-094
0800 803 909